Waiting for God's best: Dear Alex, We're Dating. Tama, Mali?! Love, Catherine

Monday, May 25, 2020

Are you still waiting for God's best?

How long have you been single?

Are you getting tired and impatient sometimes just like me?

Three decades have already passed in my life and I have never been in a romantic relationship. I just turned 30 this year last April. Calling myself as NBSB (No Boyfriend Since Birth) is wearing me out at this point, and I would never ever want to mention that infamous acronym for inexperienced women such as myself. I once heard from a professor in my graduate studies that individuals who have not been in a relationship are abnormal. I do not know how much truth is there, but probably he has a point, and the way he said it just sounded harsh.

Some people around me keep on saying that I am too old to be an NBSB, maybe it is because they are concern that I might end up as an old maid--alone in my old age. It hurts me to hear them say that because the truth hurts, and I know that it is possible. But I try to brush off the pain of reality.

So if you have the same experience as mine, even in just a tiny bit. Maybe you will learn to love this book as much I do. 

Dear Alex, We're Dating. Tama, Mali?! Love, Catherine is a guidebook for dating by Alex Gonzaga. Aside from writing, the author is a multimedia artist: actor, singer, host, and a content creator in her well-loved Youtube channel. It is written in Taglish and in a conversational style which makes the book easy to read as if I am actually talking to the author herself.


In case you are wondering about the contents of the book, here is the gist of what to expect from this guidebook.


I assure you that you'll be satisfied with all the practical and witty tips from Alex Gonzaga's personal experiences on the dating. I like the transparency and authenticity of this book and admire the author's courage in sharing something so private and sensitive matter to the readers.


While I am already 30 years old, I must say this guidebook still applies to me because of my lack of experience. Moreover, young people should read this before they even think of or start dating. 

Teenagers, you all should read this. I demand you to read Dear Alex, We're Dating. Tama, Mali?! Love, Catherine. Please. This is for your own good. I promise.

I love the author for sharing advice that is not just practical, but also spiritual. Right now, Jesus is my boyfriend. And I am not closing the door, if God wills it, then The One will certainly come. In God's time. In God's way.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


Post a Comment